We asked you, our Channel Kindness community, to tell us what’s helping you feel braver using the hashtag #ImBraver, and we were blown away by your kindness and vulnerability in sharing your stories. We’re so grateful for you and your willingness to share your story with us.
Here are a few things you let us know helped you feel braver:
1. This Kindness Punk wrote down their positive traits to help drown out negative thoughts. Try writing down some positive words to describe you, too! And remember, you are doing the best you can – and that’s brave in itself.
2. Kate, a healthcare worker, is talking openly and honestly about mental health. We encourage you to talk to someone about how you’re feeling or visit our Get Help page for resources to support your mental wellness and evidence-based self-care tips.
3. Anthony is practicing gratitude and finding peace in positive affirmations. We know that gratitude is especially important during this time, and we encourage you to follow Anthony’s lead and create cards for the people in your life!
4. Jackie is embracing the inspiring stories that have been told and shared throughout our community. If you would like to share your story with us, click here to learn how.
5. Melanie engages in various types of self-care! Check out our own evidence-based self-care tips and be sure to be gentle to yourself.
6. Elizabeth is being brave by journaling and turning those feelings into a song. Music can be such a healing resource, check out our own Feel Good Playlist!
7. Sierra chose to be brave by donating blood. Since the pandemic, many blood drives have been cancelled, and we thank Sierra for being generous and brave. If you would like to donate blood, visit the American Red Cross to find a draw site near you.
8. And of course, our very own co-founder Cynthia Germanotta chooses to be brave by hosting her #TeaWithMrsG chats in which she’s able to connect with you and share her stories of kindness and bravery. Here’s how love helps Cynthia feel braver.
Keep telling us what’s helping you feel braver using #ImBraver. And please remember that bravery doesn’t have to be a grand act. Getting up in the morning, making breakfast, or taking a shower is being brave, too.
You can do this, friend. Keep going.