Calling all storytellers! If you have an aspirational + kind story you want to share, we’d love to hear from you! Check out our guidelines below, if you want to submit to us:
Who we are: Channel Kindness is a digital platform launched by Born This Way Foundation with the purpose of empowering young people to create a kinder and braver world. Through the power of storytelling, we hope to inspire our audience to spread kindness, encourage acceptance, and elevate the stories of good that happen in our communities each day.
What type of content we’re looking for: We love first-person essays with an aspirational tone. Just think: What hopeful or uplifting story do you want to share with others? We’re also looking for content that reports on the kind, compassionate, and brave individuals, organizations, and events that shape our communities!
Please review the following guidelines for a guest blog post:
• Articles should be 400 to 800 words in length. Special exception will be given to pieces in which the
extra length is considered necessary and purposeful to the overall piece.
• Include a short title, a one-sentence description of your piece, and a draft Tweet + Facebook post that
could be used to promote your story.
• Cite all sources, using links within your article when relevant.
• If writing about individuals other than yourself, please seek and provide us their permission to mention them in your story.
• Please adhere to these best practices when discussing mental health (if relevant).
• Attach a minimum of one relevant photo with attribution to accompany your piece. Please make sure permission is granted from the photographer and everyone that appears in the photo before use. Photos
should be in a 4:3 ratio, 1024 x 768 pixels.
• Include a picture of yourself and a short bio.
• Negative comments, hate speech, or discrimination of any kind
• Political statements or attacks on any public figures
Please email your post, picture(s), and any questions you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org
Channel Kindness reserves the right to edit posts to ensure they are within the guest post guidelines. We also reserve the right to edit the post as needed for style, content, length, etc. By submitting a post to us, you are affirming that the content is original to you, the author, and has not appeared elsewhere online or in print. We reserve the right to modify, reproduce and distribute your material in any medium (now or hereafter existing) and in any manner or appropriate place.
Upon publication, your story will be told on ChannelKindness.org, across the Foundation’s social
channels, and by a diverse network of partners.
We look forward to hearing from you!