Finals week is right around the corner, and I know it can feel like a ball of stress is rolling your way. But don’t worry! I’m here to share some of my tried-and-true tips to help you not just get through finals week, but knock it out of the park.
1. Make a Game Plan: First things first, we must get organized. Jot down what exams you have coming up and when they’re planned during the week. After your calendar is created, then it’s time to break down the amount of time you have to study for each subject. If you have lots of time ahead of you, start with the hardest subjects first. However, if you’re in a time crunch, start preparing for whichever test is coming first. That way, you’re most prepared for what’s up next!
2. Mix up Your Study Routines: If you’re like me, sometimes it’s hard sitting in one place studying for hours at a time. Next thing you know, you closed your eyes for “5 minutes” and realize you accidentally took a five hour nap! To avoid that mistake, switch up your study routines. It’s always helpful to study with friends, and I like creating study groups with people who will keep me productive. Go to a library, coffee shop, or anywhere you can study best! That way, you keep things fresh and on the top of your mind.
3. Take a Break, You Deserve it: All work and no play? That’s a recipe for disaster. Even in the most stressful of times, it is always helpful to take a break, even if it’s a short one. Do something you enjoy, step outside, or call a friend. Just 15-minutes of fun and your brain will thank you.
4. Check in With Yourself: If you’re feeling overwhelmed, that is totally normal. Talk to friends and family that will help cheer you up. Staying on track of your work is important, but keeping your mental health in check is always your number one priority!
5. No All-Nighters: Trust me on this one. Last-minute cramming sessions do more harm then good. It is so much better for you to study a little bit each day rather than trying to learn everything the night before. The most important thing you can do before a big exam is get a good night’s rest, otherwise, you will be too tired for your exam and may even forget what you were studying the night before!
Finals week may seem tough, but with these tips, I believe that you will be more than capable of handling it. Stay focused, take care of yourself, and before you know it, you’ll be on the other side with exams behind you. Study Hard!