The Jesse Lewis Choose Love Movement™, providing no-cost and social-emotional learning and character development (SELCD) programs, announced today its 7th Annual SEL Choose Love Awareness Month during February 2021, to promote hope, healing, and connection through Social-Emotional Learning. The Choose Love Movement honors six-year-old Sandy Hook victim, Jesse Lewis.
Each week in February Choose Love Awareness Month will focus on a pillar of the Choose Love Formula:
Courage + Gratitude + Forgiveness + Compassion-in-Action = Choosing Love
New this year is an interactive component that brings Choose Love to life online. Through the newly-launched Choose Love Connect Community and Program Portal registered users can access daily videos featuring Scarlett Lewis, founder and CMO of the Choose Love Movement; Choose Love ambassadors; and staff who will challenge classrooms, groups, and individuals to participate in fun activities around the principles of Choosing Love. Participants can win Choose Love prizes.
Register to access Choose Love Awareness Month resources plus free Choose Love programs. Go to ChooseLoveMovement.org and click ‘Register’.
Ways to take part in Choose Love Awareness Month:
• Join Choose Love Connect to access daily video challenges, fun activities, and worksheets for educators, parents, students and community members.
• Follow the Choose Love social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for daily activities and challenges all month long. Like, comment, and share our posts to help raise awareness.
• Ask if your schools have social and emotional learning. Suggest Choose Love For Schools™. It’s free, easy to use, and it was created by educators for educators.
• Take the Choose Love Pledge and learn the Choose Love Formula™.
• Make a choice every day to turn one angry thought into a loving thought.
• Become a Choose Love Advocate and reach out to educators, school administrators, and community leaders to make them aware of Choose Love For Schools™. Access Advocate toolkit.
• Sponsor a Choose Love gift basket for a class, school, or district. Gift a Kit HERE.
The Choose Love Movement is a community-led movement offering free SELCD development to help people thoughtfully respond to any situation or circumstance. It has reached 2 million children in 10,000 schools in all 50 states and 111 countries.