My mother and I founded Born This Way Foundation because we understood the power that kindness has to radically transform lives. We knew that we had to build a culture that leads with kindness – in our schools, our workplaces, our communities – and a world that validates the emotions of young people so that no one feels alone or broken.
Every program we’ve created and supported since our founding has been built around those beliefs, supporting young people as they create a kinder, braver world. Born This Way Foundation has created a new lens for me to see the world. I look for kindness, bravery, authenticity, and resilience. That lens has changed my life, it has saved my life, and I am proud to do this work. Every day at Born This Way Foundation, we focus on supporting kindness, bravery, and the hopeful, engaged generation that is changing the world.
On Giving Tuesday, I am asking you to shift culture with us, to help us look for and amplify kindness and bravery, and build the community that powers it. With your donation, Born This Way Foundation can support young people through programs like:
- #BeKind21, where we partnered with over 130 organizations, including cities, corporations, grassroots nonprofits, and entire school districts. Together we recruited 2 million participants globally who pledged to build a habit of kindness over 21 days. We achieved over 41 million reported acts of kindness throughout #BeKind21.
- Our research, which allows us to source youth perspectives to ensure that the programming we pursue aligns with the needs of today’s young people.
- Our partnership with DonorsChoose, where in the wake of tragedy, we chose hope and funded over 161 projects and helped 18,000 students in public schools across the U.S.
- Teen Mental Health First Aid, which saves lives by pairing young people with the tools and information they need to support their own and their peers’ mental wellness.
- Our work in Las Vegas, supporting organizations that meet the needs of young people across the region such as The Gay and Lesbian Community Center of Southern Nevada, Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth, and Kyler’s Kicks.
As an added bonus, everyone who donates to my Facebook fundraiser will be entered to win a Be Kind shirt signed by me!
You are changing the world and it matters. It matters to me, it matters to my team, and it matters in the world. Let’s keep going, together.
Click here to donate $5, $10, $50, or more for Giving Tuesday.